The following Reward Hardwood Flooring product lines are warranted by The Reward Hardwood
Floor Limited Warranty: Reward Bamboo, Reward Newport,
Reward Exotics, Reward Paramount, Reward Boca Birch, Reward Random Walk II, Reward
Granada, Reward Camino, Reward Grand Yukon, Reward Reflections, and Reward Essentials.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from
state to state.
❖ Residential Warranty
This warranty applies to the original consumer purchaser of the flooring and is not
transferable. With the exception of the Finish Warranty, this warranty is valid for as
long as you own your home, and begins on the date the product is delivered to you.
❖ Structural Warranty
Reward products will be free from manufacturing defects for as long as you own your
home. Manufacturing defects are improper milling, laminating, grading, or size only.
If Reward products should ever warp, cup, buckle, or delaminate, we will arrange for
the repair or removal and replacement of the defective board/boards.
❖ Moisture Warranty
Reward products are warranted against adhesive bond release due to subfloor
moisture for as long as you own your home. This warranty provides for a one-time
only repair due to moisture migrating through the slab only and applies only when
proper and recommended installation procedures are followed.
❖ Finish Warranty
We warrant, under normal residential conditions and with proper maintenance, the
finish will not wear through for 25 years from the date of purchase. Gloss reduction
is not considered wear through and is not covered under this warranty.
HOW TO GET SERVICE
Our sole obligation and liability under our stated warranty is, at our discretion, to
repair, replace, or refinish the floor, in part or in whole, at no cost to the original
For service under this warranty, you must notify the dealer/retailer/contractor from whom
you originally purchased the product. If that person cannot be reached, then contact in
writing at the address below, providing your name and address, a description of the
products involved and the nature of the defect:
Sales & Marketing Dept. (Service Warranty)
9303 Greenleaf Avenue
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
1. It is the installer/homeowner’s responsibility to follow "Reward Hardwood
Flooring" installation instructions, and to install the products using the Bostik’s
MVP4 or Franklin’s 531 Moisture System. The installer/homeowner is also
responsible for establishing that the site is suitable and ready for the chosen
method of installation.
The installer/homeowner should do the following:
- Use an approved moisture barrier or underlayment (Bostik’s MVP4 or Franklin 531).
- Use the appropriate glue (Bostik Best or Franklin 811).
- Match planks for a uniform color/grain installation.
- Remove debris and extra glue or mastic from the finish floor before the drying time
indicated on the container.
- Floor must be protected from construction traffic and debris during and after installation.
2. The installer/homeowner should inspect the product to ensure (a) Grade, (b) Species,
(c) Quantity, (d) Size, and (e) Color as ordered, and that product packaging has not been damaged in transit. If product is incorrect or damaged,
installer/ homeowner should immediately stop the installation and contact Galleher to report any abnormalities that are found in the delivered products.
Replacement flooring will be provided at no cost.
The installer/homeowner will be responsible for sections installed despite obvious
3. The installer/homeowner should understand that wood and water,
(as well as wood and overly dry conditions), do not mix as wood flooring is a natural
material and will shrink/cup/move when over-dried and will expand, delaminate, warp and buckle/cup when over-wetted.
4. Care must be taken to protect the floor from moisture and dry conditions.
- Result of testing of the slab or sub floor.
- Result of the testing of the atmosphere for relative humidity.
The installer/homeowner is recommended to document all site tests.
Maintaining all site test records will assist the installer/homeowner in
filing a claim.
5. The installer/homeowner should follow proper floor maintenance and maintain
adequate relative humidity levels in the home at all times. (The home may
require a mechanical humidity control device)
6. Due to the structural stability of cross ply engineering, this product will be
more stable than a solid wood product. However, in-floor heating can
significantly alter product performance. We recommend that you keep surface
temperatures under 85ºF.
7. Jobsite checklist can be obtained from Galleher free of charge or can be found
in the NWFA's technical manual #A400.
- Failure to follow instructions set out under “Installer/Homeowner Responsibilities” will
immediately invalidate our warranty.
- The Moisture Warranty does not include issues originating from the sides, ends, or
top of the flooring (i.e. puddles, water, leaks, hydrostatic-head, etc.), and does NOT aapply to all possible moisture related issues due to improper installation (i.e.,
improper acclimation of flooring, jobsite temperature/relative humidity, improper
- Moisture related issues due to improper installation are not covered by the Moisture
- Excessive ground moisture caused by natural causes is not covered under this
- This warranty does not cover damage arising from accidents, abuse, abnormal wear,
spike heels, grit, scratches, or dents.
- Gloss reduction is not considered wear-through and therefore not covered under the
- This warranty does not cover changes to any products, which result from UV light.
- This warranty does not cover insect infestation after the product has left our factory
or scratches or stains caused by domestic pets.
- Damage due to water saturation (including but not limited to) leaky faucet, broken
pipe or damp mopping is excluded.
- This warranty will not cover damages caused by non-recommended products.
- Occasional cracks or checks in the surface of wood due to low relative humidity
(dryness) are inherent in all wood products. Research and experience show that
some species of wood are more susceptible to this phenomenon than others.
- Any pre-existing problems that cause product failure will not be covered under this
- No installer, retailer, distributor, agent or employee of Galleher has the authority to
increase or alter the obligations or limitations of this warranty.
- Bamboo flooring reacts to moisture like solid wood flooring therefore this flooring
must acclimate on a controlled jobsite for 72 hours prior to installation and adequate
expansion must be left at all vertical obstructions. Failure to acclimate and leave
adequate expansion will cause cupping that is not covered by the manufacturers
This warranty excludes and will not pay consequential or incidental
damages associated with any warranty claim. Some states do not
allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential
damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Except as expressly set forth herein, Galleher makes no other
warranties which extend beyond the description on the face of this
warranty. Any implied warranties shall expire at the earlier of the
expiration of the stated warranty or the expiration of the period for
the implied warranty required under state law. Some states do not
allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts so the above
limitation may not apply to you.